Monday, April 28, 2008
1. I finished and turned in my senior thesis. It was about the Arthur legend and I actually really enjoyed writing it. There's a lot you can learn about literature just from the different versions of this one legend.
2. I cut my hair. I think I got about 12 inches off. Now my hair is shoulder-length and layered. I'll try and put a picture up later.
3. I'm graduating in less than two weeks! My last class day is tomorrow; then it's just finals and commencement.
4. I got a job! Today I signed my contract with the school I've been student teaching at. I will be teaching three sections of Latin (probably two of Latin I and one of Latin II) and two sections of ninth grade grammar. I'm really excited because it's a wonderful school and I've wanted to teach since tenth grade. I hope I do well at it! I think so . . . I had fun student teaching, and I think my class enjoyed it too.
5. I'm looking for something to do over the summer. There is a girl who was hoping to live with me, and I would hate to turn her down (it would save so much money if we can live together), but if I don't get a summer job, I just can't do it. I have applied for a tutoring job, but I have not heard back. In any event, I can always go home and come back in mid-July or August to start preparing for my school year.
That's all the news for now ... thanks everyone who was praying for my job seach! The principal told me someone must have been praying, because my position just opened up last week. I know many people have been praying for me very hard. Thank you.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
John took our group out to an Irish restaurant before the dance.
The light in this picture is kind of bad, but I think it's a nice effect all the same. The dance was at a country club near the college. We arrived early and took pictures while we were waiting for the fun to start.
Ladies in red: Sarah, me, and Claire.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
I miss my bubba ... *sniff*