Friday, February 15, 2008

Introducing my new blog

Hello, Internet world. Welcome to my new blog. On my other blog, Enchiridion, I've commented on poetry for almost three years now, but I've kept my own life and my own opinions out of it most of the time.

Now, I've decided I really do want to talk about those things, though out of the way of my poetry, so I started this new blog just to talk about me, my life, and my thoughts about the world in general. I doubt it will be hugely popular, but it will be a chance for me to formulate my thoughts and communicate to the people who do read it.

So, some facts about me that might be useful to know:

1. I'm a senior at a Catholic, liberal arts college. I'm majoring in English and minoring in Classics.

2. I'm hoping to be a high school teacher. Right now I'm student teaching, which is extremely stressful but a great learning experience.

3. Politically, I'm working things out. I was brought up Republican but am very disillusioned with the party right now. So I remain conservative, with a bit of healthy (or unhealthy) distrust of politicians.

4. Religiously, I'm an orthodox Catholic. There is no Church teaching which I refuse to believe. Having said that, though, I might mention that I disagree with a lot of things done in the name of orthodox Catholicism. I might go into that later.

I think that's all you really know to get started. Soon I will start posting on my experiences and reflections. I hope you enjoy!

No comments: