Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Job Interview

I have my first "serious" job interview tomorrow. I'll be interviewing for a teaching job that I want very much. It's a Catholic junior/senior high school, and I'm really inspired by the work they're doing. I want to be a part of it.

I have this theory about holiness. I just don't have the willpower to keep myself always doing things that will make me holier. Instead, I put myself in situations where I'm going to have to come out of myself. Many of the summer jobs I chose for that very reason. One would try my patience; another would make me more open-minded. This high school job promises to try me in a number of ways, from making me work hard to teaching me to care more about others. The work environment is wonderful; all the teachers are so kind, and they genuinely care about their students. That's what I want to be and do.

So, pray for me! If I get this job, I'll be a real teacher at last.

No comments: