Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ideas so far

I know a lot of people think obsessing over wedding dresses is silly. If you do, skip this post! Some people have asked, so I thought I'd post the ideas so far.

My maid-of-honor is going to be helping me sew the dress. Actually, she's doing all the work. I am "helping" in an "advisory" sense, i.e. making all the decisions. Somehow she is generous enough to be okay with this.



So, she and I have been pattern hunting, and here's the best of what we've turned up so far. Nothing's decided yet, but here's what we're thinking.




The dress: like the picture on the left, only --




with the sleeves from this dress . They will be out of a sheer fabric like in the picture, only not blue of course.


The veil. This one I am really sold on. I really like the drop veil style. The front part is pulled back over the head later on, and it's held on with a (presumably quite secure) hat pin. I am undecided as to whether a tiara would help or hinder that staying-on process, and also whether it would look good.
Thoughts? All right, girly conversation over. Anyone who's been scrolling quickly by with lots of eye-rolling can come back now.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I think the veil is wonderful. The zig-zagging folds are like something from the Book of Kells. I am a fan of the swirling skirt on the first dress, and I wish I could see the neckline. Is it square? A very shallow V? All together I think the ensemble must look very Norman!

This is a silly question, but does one put the tiara over or under a veil like that? You might even get away with a circlet.