Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Seen on Catholic Answers Forums

"Oh, I agree entirely with the essential social skills development thingie. Fortunately, we have found a way our son can receive the same socialization that government schools provide.

*On Mondays and Wednesdays, I will personally corner my son in the bathroom, give him a wedgie and take his lunch money.

*On Tuesdays and Thursdays, my wife will make sure to tease him for not being in the “in” crowd, taking special care to poke fun at any physical abnormalities.

*Fridays will be “Fad and Peer Pressure Day.” We will all compete to see who has the coolest toys, most expensive clothes and the loudest, fastest and most dangerous car.

*Every day, my wife and I will adhere to a routine of cursing and swearing in the hall and mentioning our weekend exploits with alcohol and immorality.

*If our son attempts to use the bathroom without permission, we will punish him immediately.

*And we have asked him to report us to the authorities in the event we mention faith, religion, or try to bring up morals and values."

Found here. Apparently it's originally from Kolbe Little Home Journal, Fall 2005.

Lately I've been doing research to find out if it is humanly possible to homeschool in Pennsylvania without going bats dealing with the draconian laws. Anyone know?

No comments: